NOTICE: Modifications and/or adaptations have been made to this gallery due to COVID-19 regulations – learn more here.
Proudly supported by FloForm Countertops
What’s real? What’s not?
How is what you see different from what really is?
Can the train rumble down the line into the tunnel?
Using forced perspective, you’re drawn into this place to test your perceptions. Plus, there’s a great platform at the top to spy on all the fun going on at the museum!
- Supports Arts and Science learning outcomes
- Supports Interpretation and Reasoning early childhood development goals
Partners In Play: Top 10 Illusion Tunnel Activities
- Stand in front of Illusion Tunnel. What does it look like?
- Climb the stairs, but don’t forget to look for illusions along the way! How many illusions did you find?
- Slide down the slide! Take a photo!
- Look up at the mirrors as you slide! What do you look like?
- Peek out the eye and blink.
- Peek out the other eye. What do you see?
- Spin the illusions around and around.
- Look through the kaleidoscope. Can you see anyone sliding down the slide?
- Step into one of the illusion cubes. What do you see?
- Step into the other illusion cube. How is this cube different?
- Hours of Operation
- Rates & Membership
- Events Calendar
- Permanent Galleries
- Temporary Exhibitions