Gears and levers, pipes and pulleys…these are the parts that help make a real train run.
At the Engine House you get to see the insides of an actual train engine and conduct a little locomotive action of your own!
Explore In Person
Want to experience Engine House in person?
10 Ways To Play In Engine House
- Find all of the train parts you learned about in Meet the 9161!
- Find the real train bell. Ring it!
- Spin the giant red valve. How many times can you spin the red valve?
- What colours are the lights?
- How many orange and silver valves can you count?
- Can you find all six round windows?
- Peek inside the engine. The mirror helps!
- Take a picture looking out the window!
- How many red levers can you find?
- Count the steps it takes to get from one end of the engine to the other?
- Supports Science and Mathematics learning outcomes
- Supports Investigation and Identification early childhood development goals