The Children’s Museum exists to spark kids’ creative learning. As a non-profit charitable organization, we believe in the potential of all children and provide an interactive learning environment that nurtures the power of imagination and spirit of self-discovery. For over 35 years, we have been the place for families to play, laugh, learn, and grow.
Housed in the oldest surviving train repair facility in Manitoba, the museum features twelve permanent galleries that spark kids’ creative learning. Visitors can hop aboard the authentic 1952 diesel locomotive and 1910 Pullman passenger coach, explore the five-storey tall Lasagna Lookout, test their perceptions in the giant Illusion Tunnel, perform water experiments in Splash Lab, and much more. A toddler-exclusive space, Tot Spot serves the needs of the museum’s smallest visitors. During the holiday season, guests can take a stroll through the land of fairytales in the Eaton’s Fairytale Vignettes display. In addition to our permanent galleries, the Children’s Museum also offers birthday parties, facility rentals, an onsite and online gift shop, temporary exhibitions, school programs, day camps, and special events.
Industry Memberships & Affiliations
The Children’s Museum is a proud cultural industry member with strong network connections.
We have organizational or individual affiliations with the following organizations:
- Association of Children’s Museums (ACM)
The Children’s Museum is a member of the international Association of Children’s Museums.
- Canadian Museums Association (CMA)
The Children’s Museum is a member of the Canadian Museums Association.
- Canadian Association of Science Centres (CASC)
The Children’s Museum is a member of the Canadian Association of Science Centres.
- Association of Manitoba Museums (AMM)
The Children’s Museum is a member of the Association of Manitoba Museums.
- Creative Manitoba
The Children’s Museum is a member of Creative Manitoba.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
The Children’s Museum has individual affiliations with the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Manitoba Association of Volunteer Administrators (MAVA)
The Children’s Museum has individual affiliations with the Manitoba Association of Volunteer Administrators.
- Manitobans For The Arts
The Children’s Museum has individual affiliations with Manitobans For The Arts.
- Clean It Right Certification
The Children’s Museum is a Certified Clean It Right Business by the Manitoba Tourism Education Council.
- Canadian Heritage’s Francophone Heritage, Cultural and Tourism Corridor’s National Classification of Services in French™
The Children’s Museum has received a green rating (“French service upon request”) as per an assessment by Canadian Heritage’s Francophone Heritage, Cultural and Tourism Corridor National Classification for Services in French program.
- Manitoba Star Attraction
The Children’s Museum is a Manitoba Star Attraction.
- Rand McNally Best of the Road™ Attraction
The Children’s Museum was proudly recognized as a Best of the Road™ attraction in the Rand McNally Road Atlas.
- Winnipeg Parent Newsmagazine Readers’ Choice Award Winner
The Children’s Museum was recognized as #1 by readers of Winnipeg Parent Newsmagazine in the following categories:
- Best Museum
- Best Place For Children’s Birthday Party
- Best Place To Take Your Kids On A Crummy Day
- Best Halloween Event (for Halloween Howl)
- International Literacy Association ‘Celebrate Literacy Award’ Winner
The Children’s Museum was recognized as an International Literacy Association ‘Celebrate Literacy Award’ Winner by the Reading Council of Greater Winnipeg.
- Where Magazine’s ‘Top Summer Attraction’
The Children’s Museum was proudly featured in Where Magazine as one of Canada’s Top Ten Summer Attractions.
- Board of Directors
- Staff & Department Directory
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Job Postings
- Free2Play Access Program
- Explore-Abilities Access Program
- Access 2 Program
- Donation Guidelines