- This event has passed.
June 10 @ 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Download Preparing For Your Museum Visit – English (PDF) or English (Accessible PDF)
Download Préparez Votre Visite Au Musée – French (PDF)
Explore-Abilities Evening: A Sensory-Friendly Museum Event
Date: Saturday, June 10, 2023
Time: 5:00PM – 7:00PM
Location: Children’s Museum, 45 Forks Market Road
Part of our Explore-Abilities Access Program, join us on Saturday, June 10 from 5:00PM to 7:00PM for an Explore-Abilities Evening – a sensory-friendly museum experience designed for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences to have fun and enjoy interactive, hands-on learning in a safe and accessible facility!
Developed in conjunction with experts from Autism Learning Centre, Autism Manitoba, and On The Spectrum Therapy Services, this event features:
- Light and sound reductions in museum galleries
- Extra visual signage for safety
- A less crowded environment
- Designated quiet zones apart from the galleries
- Specialized equipment (i.e., UbiDuo 2-Way Communication Device, sunglasses, ear defenders, fidget toys, and Braille Visitor Information Brochures in English and French) available upon request
- Specially trained staff to complement your museum experience
Celebrate inclusion and diversity with our perfectly puffy paint craft. Use all the colours of the rainbow to paint with pride and bring home a puffy masterpiece!
For more information about the Explore-Abilities Access Program, please contact the Director of Education & Exhibits at 204.924.4003.
How To Register
– EVENT REGISTRATION FULL –
- Your registration will only be confirmed once the Sales & Bookings Coordinator has contacted you to verify your attendance.
- Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please review our COVID-19 Guidelines here prior to your visit.
Explore-Abilities Access Program Supporters
The 2023 Explore-Abilities Access Program was made possible by the following supporters:
- The Bertram Austin Goodman, May Easton McLaren Goodman, and Dorothy Jean Goodman Foundation