Explore-Abilities Access Program
Improving Access for Children of All Abilities
About This Program
Providing access and creating equal opportunities for all children to explore and experience the Children’s Museum are among our highest priorities. Introduced in 2015 and continuing to evolve to meet the needs of our community, the Explore-Abilities Access Program aims to provide adapted museum experiences and a range of visitor services designed for children of all abilities to have fun and enjoy interactive, hands-on learning in a safe and accessible facility.
In addition to special Explore-Abilities Events, visitor resources available year-round upon request include:
- Ear Defenders
- Fidget Toys
- Designated Quiet Zones (apart from the galleries)
- Social Narrative (entitled Preparing For Your Museum Visit)
English (PDF) | English (Accessible PDF) | French (PDF)
- UbiDuo 2-Way Communication Device
- Video Relay Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing through CanVRS (431.801.0525)
For more information about the Explore-Abilities Access Program, please contact Erin McIntyre, Director of Education and Exhibits, at 204.924.4003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Explore-Abilities Events
Please choose one of the following events to learn more:
Explore-Abilities Morning (ASD Focus): Saturday, February 9, 2019 from 8:00AM – 9:25AM Explore-Abilities Morning (ASD Focus): Saturday, March 23, 2019 from 8:00AM – 9:25AM Explore-Abilities Morning (ASD Focus): Saturday, June 1, 2019 from 8:00AM – 9:25AM
- Explore-Abilities Morning (Sensory-Friendly Focus): Saturday, August 10, 2019 from 8:00AM – 9:25AM
- Explore-Abilities Morning (Sensory-Friendly Focus): Saturday, October 5, 2019 from 8:00AM – 9:25AM
- Explore-Abilities Morning (Sensory-Friendly Focus): Saturday, December 14, 2019 from 8:00AM – 9:25AM
How To Register
Contact our Sales & Bookings Coordinator at 204.924.4005 or complete the online registration request form here to register for any of these Explore-Abilities Events. Please register early, as events can fill quickly!
How You Can Help
The Explore-Abilities Access Program is funded through donations from foundations, corporations, and individuals in our community. Your gift enables us to further develop and expand the Explore-Abilities Access Program, allowing greater numbers of children of all abilities to experience the many opportunities we have to offer.
We offer the following ways to give:
- By Phone: Call 204.924.4010
- By Mail or Fax: Complete and return the Donation Form (PDF) to:
Children’s Museum, 45 Forks Market Road, Winnipeg, MB, R3C 4T6
- In Person: Visit our Admissions Desk to make your donation in person.
- Online: We accept all major credit cards, Interac Online, PayPal transfers, and monthly giving options through CanadaHelps. To make an online donation, please click the link below.
Explore-Abilities Access Program Supporters
The 2019 Explore-Abilities Access Program was made possible by the following supporters:
- The Bertram Austin Goodman, May Easton McLaren Goodman, and Dorothy Jean Goodman Foundation
- Board of Directors
- Staff & Department Directory
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Job Postings
- Free2Play Access Program
- Rural Access Program
- Explore-Abilities Access Program