Explore-Abilities Access Program
Improving Access for Children of All Abilities
About This Program
Providing access and creating equal opportunities for all children to explore and experience the Children’s Museum are among our highest priorities. Introduced in 2015 and continuing to evolve to meet the needs of our community, the Explore-Abilities Access Program aims to provide adapted museum experiences and a range of visitor services designed for children of all abilities to have fun and enjoy interactive, hands-on learning in a safe and accessible facility.
In addition to special Explore-Abilities Events, visitor resources available year-round upon request include:
- Ear Defenders
- Fidget Toys
- Designated Quiet Zones (apart from the galleries)
- Social Narrative (entitled Preparing For Your Museum Visit)
English (PDF) | English (Accessible PDF) | French (PDF)
- UbiDuo 2-Way Communication Device
- Braille Visitor Information Brochures (in English and French)
For more information about the Explore-Abilities Access Program, please contact Allie Alsop, Director of Education and Exhibits, at 204.924.4003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Explore-Abilities Morning Events
Please choose one of the following events to learn more:
Sensory-Friendly Focus: Saturday, February 8, 2020 from 8:00AM – 9:25AM Sensory-Friendly Focus: Saturday, March 28, 2020 from 8:00AM – 9:25AM***CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19*** Sensory-Friendly Focus: Saturday, June 6, 2020 from 8:00AM – 9:25AM***CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19*** Sensory-Friendly Focus: Saturday, August 8, 2020 from 8:00AM – 9:25AM***CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19*** Sensory-Friendly Focus: Saturday, October 17, 2020 from 8:00AM – 9:25AM***EVENT REGISTRATION FULL*** Sensory-Friendly Focus: Saturday, December 19, 2020 from 8:00AM – 9:25AM***CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19***
How To Register
Registration is currently CLOSED. Please check back again in 2021 for new Explore-Abilities event dates!
How You Can Help
The Explore-Abilities Access Program is funded through donations from foundations, corporations, and individuals in our community. Your gift enables us to further develop and expand the Explore-Abilities Access Program, allowing greater numbers of children of all abilities to experience the many opportunities we have to offer.
We offer the following ways to give:
- By Phone: Call 204.924.4010
- By Mail or Fax: Complete and return the Donation Form (PDF) to:
Children’s Museum, 45 Forks Market Road, Winnipeg, MB, R3C 4T6
- In Person: Visit our Admissions Desk to make your donation in person.
- Online: We accept all major credit cards, Interac Online, PayPal transfers, and monthly giving options through CanadaHelps. To make an online donation, please click the link below.
Explore-Abilities Access Program Supporters
The 2020 Explore-Abilities Access Program was made possible by the following supporters:
- The Bertram Austin Goodman, May Easton McLaren Goodman, and Dorothy Jean Goodman Foundation