- This event has passed.
I Love To Read Month
February 16, 2020 @ 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
An event every week that begins at 11:00 AM on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until March 1, 2020
In February, the storytelling fun never stops. Join us as we celebrate I Love To Read Month! We’ll be celebrating our love of reading with a variety of crafts, activities, and special guests every weekend from 11:00AM – 3:00PM. While you’re here, be sure to record what you’ve read as you help our friendly I Love To Read caterpillar grow around our Welcome Centre, and enter a draw for your chance to win an I Love To Read gift basket!
Join us for these exciting weekend themes and activities:
- February 1 & 2: I Love To Read About Outstanding Owls
With special guests from Prairie Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre: Reading with Raptors on February 1 from 11:00AM – 1:00PM and Bookmates with a Bookmaking Workshop from 11:00AM – 3:00PM on February 1.
- February 8 & 9: I Love To Read About Excellent Elephants
- February 15 & 16: I Love To Read About Precious Pets
With special guests from Royal Winnipeg Ballet on February 15 for a Tutu Try-On and Storytime from 11:00AM – 1:00PM.
- February 22 & 23: I Love To Read About Fabulous Fish
- February 29 & March 1: I Love To Read About Creative Cats
To celebrate I Love To Read Month, the Children’s Museum is offering special, imaginative and curriculum-linked programs for N-5 classrooms throughout the month of February!
All programs are only $4.00 per student.
Show us how much you love to read all month long by completing the online form which will be found below from February 1 – 29, 2020 and be entered to win a prize package from the Children’s Museum valued at over $150!
Special Terms & Conditions
- Please note that all requested information must be provided in order to be eligible for this draw.
- By entering this contest, you consent to allow the Children’s Museum to publish your child’s first name, book read, and date the book was read on the I Love To Read Month Reading Bookworm on display at the Children’s Museum throughout the month of February.
- Up to 10 entries will be accepted per child from February 1 – 29, 2019 provided the book that has been read varies with each entry.
- As a participant in the I Love To Read Month Draw, the Children’s Museum reserves the right to contact you to discuss your submission.
- Contest closes Saturday, February 29, 2020 at 6:00PM.