Programs available from February 1-28, 2017
To celebrate I Love To Read Month, the Children’s Museum is offering special, imaginative and curriculum-linked programs for N-5 classrooms throughout the month of February!
I Love To Read Month is presented by:
- I Love To Read: Preschool & Kindergarten
Show us you love to read! We’ll practice dramatic storytelling techniques as we read a book together. Shake things up as we make our own story jars, retelling our favourite tales or creating brand new ones!
Supports English Language Arts and Arts Education (Drama)
- I Love To Read: Grade 1
What do you hear? Investigate the five senses, patterns, and storytelling as you write an original story as a class.
Supports English Language Arts, Science, and Math
- I Love To Read: Grade 2
Stories are everywhere! Explore the different ways of telling stories as you create a book that is a work of art. Pull the tab! Lift the flap! How will you tell your story?
Supports English Language Arts and Visual Arts
- I Love To Read: Grades 3-5
The plot thickens! Develop your storytelling skills as you create a collaborative story as a classroom. Then map out your original story. The Children’s Museum is a perfect setting for characters like you!
Supports English Language Arts
Special Limited Time Offer
Date(s): February 1-28, 2017
All programs are only $4.75 per student.
- School Programs are available for groups of ten or more children.
- Only School Programs booked in advance qualify for discounted group rate.
- For preschool and kindergarten groups, the museum requires one adult supervisor for every five children.
- For Grades 1-5, the museum requires one adult supervisor for every seven children in the group.
- All supervising adults are admitted free of charge.
- Payment must be made upon arrival at the Children’s Museum.
- Programs are subject to change without notice.
How To Book Your Class Visit
To reserve your classroom’s visit, please choose from one of the following ways to book:
- By Phone: Call our Sales & Bookings Coordinator at (204) 924-4005
- Online: Complete and submit the School Program Booking Request Form found here.
Reserve early, as spaces are limited.