- This event has passed.
I Love To Read Month
February 1 @ 8:00 AM - February 28 @ 4:30 PM
In February, the storytelling fun never stops! Join us as we celebrate I Love To Read Month with a variety of crafts, activities, and special guests. Programming runs from 11:00AM – 3:00PM each Saturday and Sunday. While you’re here, be sure to record what you’ve read as you help our friendly I Love To Read caterpillar grow around our Welcome Centre and enter a draw for your chance to win an I Love To Read gift basket!
Join us for these exciting weekend themes and activities:
- February 2 & 3: Sensational Settings
With special guests from Prairie Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre: Reading with Raptors on February 3 from 11:00AM – 11:30PM and 2:00PM – 2:30PM
- February 9 & 10: Create-A-Character
With special guests from the Bookmates on February 10 from 11:00AM – 2:00PM
- February 16 & 17: Puzzling Problems
With special guests from Prelude Music on February 16 from 11:00AM – 12:00PM and 1:00PM – 2:00PM
- February 23 & 24: Secret Sequence
With special guest storytime with author of Be Yourself, Jackie Swirsky, on February 24 at 11:00AM and 1:00PM
To celebrate I Love To Read Month, the Children’s Museum is offering special, imaginative and curriculum-linked programs for N-5 classrooms throughout the month of February!
All programs are only $4.75 per student.
Show us how much you love to read all month long by completing the online form which will be found below from February 1 – 28, 2019 and be entered to win a prize package from the Children’s Museum valued at over $150!
Special Terms & Conditions
- Please note that all requested information must be provided in order to be eligible for this draw.
- By entering this contest, you consent to allow the Children’s Museum to publish your child’s first name, book read, and date the book was read on the I Love To Read Month Reading Bookworm on display at the Children’s Museum throughout the month of February.
- Up to 10 entries will be accepted per child from February 1 – 28, 2019 provided the book that has been read varies with each entry.
- As a participant in the I Love To Read Month Draw, the Children’s Museum reserves the right to contact you to discuss your submission.
- Contest closes Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 4:30PM.