- This event has passed.
I Love To Read Month 2019
February 1, 2019 @ 8:00 AM - February 28, 2019 @ 4:30 PM
In February, the storytelling fun never stops! Join us as we celebrate I Love To Read Month with a variety of crafts, activities, and special guests. Programming runs from 11:00AM – 3:00PM each Saturday and Sunday. While you’re here, be sure to record what you’ve read as you help our friendly I Love To Read caterpillar grow around our Welcome Centre and enter a draw for your chance to win an I Love To Read gift basket!
Join us for these exciting weekend themes and activities:
- February 2 & 3: Sensational Settings
With special guests from Prairie Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre: Reading with Raptors on February 3 from 11:00AM – 11:30PM and 2:00PM – 2:30PM
- February 9 & 10: Create-A-Character
With special guests from the Bookmates on February 10 from 11:00AM – 2:00PM
- February 16 & 17: Puzzling Problems
With special guests from Prelude Music on February 16 from 11:00AM – 12:00PM and 1:00PM – 2:00PM
- February 23 & 24: Secret Sequence
With special guest storytime with author of Be Yourself, Jackie Swirsky, on February 24 at 11:00AM and 1:00PM
To celebrate I Love To Read Month, the Children’s Museum is offering special, imaginative and curriculum-linked programs for N-5 classrooms throughout the month of February!
All programs are only $4.75 per student.
Click here to learn more or to book your classroom visit today.
Show us how much you love to read all month long by completing the online form which will be found below from February 1 – 28, 2019 and be entered to win a prize package from the Children’s Museum valued at over $150!
Special Terms & Conditions
- Please note that all requested information must be provided in order to be eligible for this draw.
- By entering this contest, you consent to allow the Children’s Museum to publish your child’s first name, book read, and date the book was read on the I Love To Read Month Reading Bookworm on display at the Children’s Museum throughout the month of February.
- Up to 10 entries will be accepted per child from February 1 – 28, 2019 provided the book that has been read varies with each entry.
- As a participant in the I Love To Read Month Draw, the Children’s Museum reserves the right to contact you to discuss your submission.
- Contest closes Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 4:30PM.