Looking for a unique opportunity to develop skills in leadership, program delivery, and communication? Eager to share your own abilities? Consider joining the Volunteer Team at the Children’s Museum!
Children’s Museum volunteers contribute to every aspect of activity at the museum. Volunteers spark kids’ creative learning, encourage exploration and discovery in our exhibits and galleries, and enrich our programs and events.
The Children’s Museum is now recruiting dynamic individuals to join our volunteer team! We offer our volunteers:
- A great team environment
- The chance to support children’s play and learning
- Training and mentoring
- Volunteer events
- Valuable career-related experience
- And more!
Volunteer Program Supporter:
The following are ongoing volunteer roles that exist at the Children’s Museum:
- School Program Assistants
- Arts Club Assistants
- Summer Day Camp Assistants
- Gallery Ambassadors
- Special Event Supporters
- Guest Services Assistants
Please contact the Volunteer & Access Coordinator at (204) 924-4002 or email@example.com to learn more.
Volunteer Bursary Winner 2016
In appreciation of our volunteers’ contributions, the Children’s Museum provides recognition of service hour milestones, exclusive volunteer events, as well as an annual $100 bursary draw open to volunteers who contributed over 120 volunteer hours in 2016.
We are pleased to announce that the 2016 Volunteer Bursary Winner is Chloe S.!
Chloe is an important member of our programming prep team who has contributed 127.75 hours of her enthusiasm, energy, and time to the Children’s Museum. She is a reliable and committed volunteer and her support of the Children’s Museum is acknowledged with appreciation.
In addition to Chloe, four other volunteers contributed over 120 hours to the Children’s Museum in 2016. A huge thank you is extended to Bennet F., Christine K., Michelle A., and Zubeir T. for their efforts and support.
Join The Children’s Museum Volunteer Team
Anyone interested in becoming a Children’s Museum volunteer must complete a Volunteer Application Form and register to attend a Volunteer Information Session.
(Note: Potential volunteers must be at least 13 years old. If you are under 18 years old, your guardian must attend the Volunteer Information Session with you as well.)
The next Volunteer Information Session(s) are scheduled for:
- Tuesday, December 12, 2017 from 5:00PM – 7:00PM
Potential volunteers need to:
- Complete the Volunteer Application Form below and register to attend an upcoming Volunteer Information Session or contact the Volunteer Department at (204) 924-4002.
- Plan to be accompanied by a parent to the Volunteer Information Session if not yet 18 years of age.
- Bring two pieces of identification to the Volunteer Information Session (social insurance card, family provincial medical card, birth certificate, passport or drivers license).