Looking for a unique opportunity to develop skills in leadership, program delivery, and communication? Eager to share your own abilities? Consider joining the Volunteer Team at the Children’s Museum!
Children’s Museum volunteers contribute to every aspect of activity at the museum. Volunteers spark kids’ creative learning, encourage exploration and discovery in our exhibits and galleries, and enrich our programs and events.
The Children’s Museum is now recruiting dynamic individuals to join our volunteer team! We offer our volunteers:
- A great team environment
- The chance to support children’s play and learning
- Training and mentoring
- Volunteer events
- Valuable career-related experience
- And more!
Volunteer Program Supporter:
The following are ongoing volunteer roles that exist at the Children’s Museum:
School Program Volunteers
- School Program Assistants
- Arts Club Assistants
- Summer Day Camp Assistants
Public Program Volunteers
- Weekend or Special Event Assistants
- Gallery Ambassadors
- Birthday Party Assistants
Guest Services Volunteers
- Gallery Assistants
- Guest Services Assistants
- Special Projects Assistants
- Admin Assistants
Join The Children’s Museum Volunteer Team
Please note that all our summer volunteer positions are currently filled. We will resume volunteer intake in September 2018. Please complete the Volunteer Waiting List Form if you are interested in volunteering after the summer.
(Note: Potential volunteers must be at least 13 years old. If you are under 18 years old, your guardian must attend the Volunteer Information Session with you as well.)
The next Volunteer Information Session(s) are scheduled for:
- Thursday, September 20, 2018 from 5:00PM – 7:00PM
- Thursday, October 18, 2018 from 5:00PM – 7:00PM
- Thursday, November 15, 2018 from 5:00PM – 7:00PM
- Thursday, December 15, 2018 from 5:00PM – 7:00PM
Potential volunteers need to:
- Complete the Volunteer Application Form below and register to attend an upcoming Volunteer Information Session or contact the Volunteer Department at 204.924.4007.
- Plan to be accompanied by a parent to the Volunteer Information Session if not yet 18 years of age.
- Bring two pieces of identification to the Volunteer Information Session (social insurance card, family provincial medical card, birth certificate, passport or drivers license).