Located at the heart of Winnipeg, the Children’s Museum is the ideal location to host your next event. Housed in the oldest surviving train repair facility in Manitoba, the Children’s Museum features twelve permanent galleries that spark kids’ creative learning.
Facility Rental Information
Interested in booking an event at the Children’s Museum? We can accommodate rentals for 10 to 1000 people! Please review the following information, then contact us for a customized quote based on your event needs.
All rentals include:
- Reduced Admission Rates for Guests
- Reserved Rental Room for up to 4 hours
- Tables & Chairs
- Room Set-up & Clean-up
- Single Room (3 Available)
Includes museum admission for up to 50 people.
- Combination Room (1 Available)
Includes museum admission for up to 75 people.
- Arts & Exhibition Hall (1 Available)
Includes museum admission for up to 100 people.
*After Hours Rentals are held after the museum is closed to the general public. Please note that up to four After Hours events can be held at one time. Looking to upgrade your After Hours Rental to a Private Evening Rental for just you and your guests? Contact our Sales & Bookings Coordinator at (204) 924-4005 for Private Rental pricing and space availability.
Standard facility rental times are as follows:
- Morning Rentals: 8:00AM – 12:00PM
- Afternoon Rentals: 1:00PM – 5:00PM
- Evening Rentals: 6:00PM – 10:00PM
Need Extra Rental Room Time? Contact our Sales & Bookings Coordinator at (204) 924-4005 to learn more. Extra rental time is subject to space availability and additional fees.
Please note: No early room arrivals or late room departures are guaranteed without pre-booking and are subject to additional fees.
Extras & Special Services
- Meeting Package
Includes compostable plates, napkins, cups, and utensils for up to 50 people.
- Beverage Service
Includes servingware rental and unlimited coffee, cream, sugar, and selection of teas for up to 50 people.
Note: For smaller groups, individual beverages are available for purchase in Shop.
- Gourmet Hot Chocolate Bar
Includes servingware rental and hot chocolate, milk, and selection of up to 12 gourmet toppings for up to 50 people.
Note: This special seasonal service is available November through January.
- Cotton Candy Service
Includes cotton candy machine rental, service attendant, and supplies for up to 50 servings.
- Bartending Service
Includes two Serving It Safe-certified bartenders for the duration of your event and liquor license application fee. (Please note: All events serving alcohol are subject to museum approval, and may require security staff at additional fees. Servingware and ice are available for additional fees – pricing varies based on event size and alcohol type being served.)
- Activities for Children
Includes choice of one of the following activities for up to 50 children led by an Activity Host:
- Dino Hunt
- Treasure Hunt
- Potions In Motion
- Monkey Business
- Foam Friends
- Crowning Around
- My Moo-stery
- AV Equipment & Meeting Supplies
- Wireless internet
- Google Chromecast
- LCD Projector & Screen
- 50” Monitor with Blu-ray
- PA System with Microphone & Podium
- Flip Chart & Markers
All extras and special services are subject to availability and additional rental fees.
Need Gift Bags or Presents?
Shop can create customized gift bags or provide unique presents (gift wrapped for free!) at the price point of your choice. With our Personal Shop-er Service, you choose the quantities and indicate any criteria and/or special preferences you might have (i.e., different gifts for girls and boys, infant-friendly options, gifts for assorted age ranges) and we’ll take care of the rest! Gift bags and presents will be delivered right to your rental room on the day of your event. For more information about our Personal Shop-er Service or to place your order, call (204) 924-4011.
Domino’s Pizza is pleased to offer a special on all deliveries to the Children’s Museum! Call the Domino’s Children’s Museum Hotline at 204.888.8888 to place your order and they will help ensure your delivery is a success.
Facility Rental Policies
- Facility rentals are booked on a first come, first served basis. For best availability, we recommend booking as early as possible.
- Deposit & Cancellation: 50% deposit and signed rental agreement is required in advance to secure your booking. Rental cancellations must be received 30 business days prior to the rental date. Cancellations after this period will not be refunded. All cancellations will be subject to a $25 administration fee.
- The museum requires a minimum 1:5 adult to child ratio for gallery supervision.
- The museum reserves the right to deny admission or exclude from the premises any individual(s) whose behaviours negatively impact the museum, its guests, volunteers or staff.
- Helium balloons are not permitted in the museum. Any helium balloons that are brought into the museum will be checked at the Admissions Desk and returned as you leave the museum.
- As a courtesy to visitors with life-threatening allergies, please do not bring products containing nuts into the museum.
- The Children’s Museum cannot guarantee extended rental room times. If extended time is required, please request at time of booking. (Extended rental room times are subject to additional fees.)
- Facility rental rates are subject to change without notice.
How To Request A Rental Price Quote & Event Booking
Requesting a rental price quote from the Children’s Museum is easy! We offer three convenient ways to contact us with your request:
- By Phone: (204) 924-4005
- By Email: email@example.com
- Online: Complete and submit the Rental Price Quote Request Form found here.
Our Rentals Are Popular!
Here’s what people are saying about their rental experiences at the Children’s Museum:
- “Everything was done for us – all we needed to provide were the kids!”
– Tammy, Rogers Wireless
- “Our experience with the Children’s Museum was fantastic. The staff was outstanding.”
– Christopher, McDonald’s Restaurants