Learning Through Exploration
The Children’s Museum offers Self-Guided Explorations for those who prefer unstructured learning opportunities. We believe that there is great value in learning through investigation and discovery. Our permanent galleries foster imagination, encourage creativity, and develop critical thinking skills through interactive exhibits and hands-on activities.
All Self-Guided Explorations must be booked in advance.
Self-Guided Exploration Rates
$4.50 per student
(Applies to advance school group or day care bookings with 10 or more children)
- The Children’s Museum requires a minimum booking of 10 children to qualify for the group rate listed above.
- Only Self-Guided Explorations booked in advance qualify for discounted group rates.
- Preschool and Kindergarten Self-Guided Explorations are available Monday to Friday from September to June.
- Grades 1 to 5 Self-Guided Explorations are available Tuesday to Friday from September to April and Monday to Friday during the months of May and June.
- For Preschool and Kindergarten groups, the museum requires one adult supervisor for every five children in the group.
- For Grades 1-5, the museum requires one adult supervisor for every seven children in the group.
- All supervising adults are admitted free of charge.
- Failure to provide the required adult supervision on arrival may result in non-admission.
- Payment must be made upon arrival at the Children’s Museum.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- If you cancel your Self-Guided Exploration within one week (7 days) of your booked visit date, you will be charged for the full cost of your Self-Guided Exploration based on the numbers projected at the time of your booking.
How To Book A Self-Guided Exploration
We are now accepting bookings for visits after July 1, 2020 on a case-by-case basis.
While we do not have an official reopening date yet, we are currently accepting bookings for group visits, birthday parties, and facility rentals scheduled after July 1, 2020 on a case-by-case basis – taking into consideration such factors as group numbers, visit dates and times, and other booking details in order to effectively manage the number of visitors in our facility at one time.
If there are any changes to the situation which would result in your booked visit being impacted, we would be sure to communicate these with you as soon as possible.
We offer four convenient ways to book:
- By Phone: Call our Sales & Bookings Coordinator at 204.924.4005
- By Fax: Complete and fax the School Program Booking Request Form (PDF) to 204.956.2122
- By Email: Contact our Sales & Bookings Coordinator at email@example.com
- Online: Complete and submit the School Program Booking Request Form found here