PAPER BAG KITES
We’ll be gone with the wind during the month of May! Join us between 11:00AM – 3:00PM on weekends this month to create your own Paper Bag Kite. Decorate it, build it, then test it outside with gusto-o on a windy day!
- Paper bags
- Popsicle Sticks
- Develop fine motor skills through use of art tools and materials
- Experiment with art elements
- Make predictions and test outcomes with exploration
- Decorate a paper bag using markers and stickers.
- Tape or glue streamers to the inside of the top of the bag
- Tie a piece of yarn or string (about 1 meter long) around a popsicle stick.
- Feed the other end of the string through a small hole cut into the bottom panel of the paper bag.
- The popsicle stick will keep the string from coming through the other end. It should lay against the bottom panel inside the bag.
- The string coming through from the bottom is the string you hold onto – you can tie another popsicle stick around the other end to create a handle if you wish.
- Bring your kite outside and test it out!