The Free2Play Access Program brings underprivileged children to the Children’s Museum for school visits, day camps, special holiday parties, and after-school clubs FREE OF CHARGE!
The Free2Play Access Program is open to qualifying Winnipeg schools, registered daycares, and select social service organizations.
About the Free2Play Access Program
School Programs and Explorations
The Children’s Museum offers one free visit per year to every class in qualifying Winnipeg schools, registered daycares, and select social service organizations. If you are an instructor in a qualifying Winnipeg school and are interested in booking a free school program or general museum exploration, please contact the Sales & Bookings Coordinator at (204) 924-4004 to learn more.
Open to students in Grades 4 and 5 in qualifying Winnipeg schools, the Children’s Museum’s After-School Clubs are free programs that run in five-week sessions six times throughout the year. With the guided support of guest instructors, our After-School Clubs teach kids new skills and provide them with fun and exciting ways to express their creativity! After-School Club participants are also provided with free family passes to ensure that the student and his/her family are able to continue enjoying the Children’s Museum long after the After-School Club experience is complete.
Events & Day Camps
At least 10% of tickets to special museum events including the Halloween Howl and Spaghetti Breakfast with Santa are provided to children in our Free2Play Access Program and their families to attend free of charge. The Children’s Museum also works closely with schools and partner organizations to give over 25 children a year a week-long experience in one of the museum’s Day Camps free of charge.
Museum Passes and Memberships
The Children’s Museum routinely donates free daily admission passes and annual memberships to partner organizations for distribution to their clients in an effort to promote positive family relationships.
Free2Play Access Program Partner Organizations
Current partner organizations include:
- Alpha House Inc.
- Aurora Family Therapy Centre
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Winnipeg
- Community Respite Service
- Family Dynamics
- Immigrant & Refugee Community Organization of Manitoba (IRCOM)
- Immigrant Women’s Counselling Services
- Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre
- Macdonald Youth Services
- Manitoba Interfaith Immigration Council Inc. (Welcome Place)
- N.E.E.D.S. Inc.
- Osborne House
- Spence Neighbourhood Association Building Belonging Program
- West Broadway Youth Outreach
- Winnipeg Christmas Cheer Board
The Need For Support
Our Free2Play Access Program is growing and constantly evolving to meet the changing needs of our community.
- Each year, approximately 5,000 students visit the Children’s Museum with their school for free as part of the Free2Play Access Program.
- There are over 65 qualifying Winnipeg schools, 40+ registered daycares, and 15 organizations currently eligible to participate in the Free2Play Access Program.
- We have added additional After-School Club sessions to meet the growing demand for these valuable types of community support programs.
How You Can Help
Your gift enables us to further develop and expand our Free2Play Access Program, allowing greater numbers of children to experience all the opportunities we have to offer – free of charge.
The Free2Play Access Program is funded through donations from foundations, corporations and individuals like you. By making a donation, you are directly helping to make a difference in the lives of underprivileged children in Winnipeg. Please help us ensure that every child in our community has the opportunity to learn, play, and grow.
We offer the following ways to give:
- By Phone: Call (204) 924-4010
- By Mail or Fax: Complete and return the Donation Form (PDF) to:
Children’s Museum, 45 Forks Market Road, Winnipeg, MB, R3C 4T6
Fax: (204) 956-2122
- In Person: Visit our Admissions Desk to make your donation in person.
- Online: We accept all major credit cards through CanadaHelps and all major credit cards, debit cards, and monthly bank transfers through PayPal. To make an online donation, please click one of the links below.
Free2Play Access Program Supporters
The Free2Play Access Program is supported by the following organizations and/or individuals:
- Assiniboine Credit Union
- Cambrian Credit Union
- Councillor Ross Eadie, Mynarski Ward
- Domino’s Pizza*
- First Book Canada’s Banking On Books Program*
- Investors Group
- James Thomson
- Masterworks Dance Studio*
- The Great-West Life Assurance Company
- The Province of Manitoba
- The Winnipeg Foundation – Moffat Family Fund
- The Winnipeg Foundation – Youth in Philanthropy Shaftesbury High School Youth Advisory
- Winnipeg School Division
- Wendy MacDonald
(*denotes in-kind product or service support)
Program Eligibility Information
Qualifying Winnipeg schools must serve elementary age children and are selected geographically based on the lowest income areas* identified in the city of Winnipeg (*according to StatsCanada census information). Qualifying schools are contacted at the start of each school year and provided program information for the upcoming year.
The number of registered daycare and organization spots available in the Free2Play Access Program are limited each year, and based upon funding received through donations from foundations, corporations, and individuals. Daycares and organizations serving elementary age children are invited to apply for the program using one of the forms below. All applications are reviewed quarterly: March 1, June 1, September 1, December 1.
If you are interested in learning more about specific eligibility criteria for the Free2Play Access Program, please contact the Free2Play Access Program Coordinator at (204) 924-4003.