- This event has passed.
October 17, 2020 @ 8:00 AM - 9:25 AM
Explore-Abilities Morning: A Sensory-Friendly Museum Event
Date: Saturday, October 17, 2020
Time: 8:00AM – 9:25AM
Location: Children’s Museum, 45 Forks Market Road
Part of our Explore-Abilities Access Program, join us on Saturday, October 17, 2020 for an Explore-Abilities Morning – a sensory-friendly museum experience designed for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences to have fun and enjoy interactive, hands-on learning in a safe and accessible facility!
Developed in conjunction with experts from Autism Learning Centre, Autism Manitoba, and On The Spectrum Therapy Services, this event features:
- Light and sound reductions in museum galleries
- Extra visual signage for safety
- A less crowded environment
- Designated quiet zones apart from the galleries
- Specialized equipment (i.e., UbiDuo 2-Way Communication Device, sunglasses, ear defenders, fidget toys, and Braille Visitor Information Brochures in English and French) available upon request
- Specially trained staff to complement your museum experience
Note: The Children’s Museum opens to the general public at 9:30AM. Visitors are welcome to stay after this time, however lights, sounds, signage, and other Explore-Abilities elements/accommodations will return to regular operating levels at 9:30AM. Registration is required for this event. Space is limited and available on a first come, first serve basis.
How To Register
-Event Registration Full-
Explore-Abilities Access Program Supporters
The 2020 Explore-Abilities Access Program was made possible by the following supporters:
- The Bertram Austin Goodman, May Easton McLaren Goodman, and Dorothy Jean Goodman Foundation