- This event has passed.
February 9 @ 8:00 AM - 9:30 PM
Explore-Abilities Morning: A Sensory-Friendly Museum Event
Date: Saturday, February 9, 2019
Time: 8:00AM – 9:25AM
Location: Children’s Museum, 45 Forks Market Road
Part of our Explore-Abilities Access Program, join us on Saturday, February 9, 2019 for an Explore-Abilities Morning – a sensory-friendly museum experience designed for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences to have fun and enjoy interactive, hands-on learning in a safe and accessible facility!
Developed in conjunction with experts from Autism Learning Centre, Autism Manitoba, and On The Spectrum Therapy Services, this event features:
- Light and sound reductions in museum galleries
- Extra visual signage for safety
- A less crowded environment
- Designated quiet zones apart from the galleries
- Specialized equipment (i.e., sunglasses, ear defenders, and fidget toys) available upon request
- Specially trained staff to complement your museum experience
Note: The Children’s Museum opens to the general public at 9:30AM. Visitors are welcome to stay after this time, however lights, sounds, signage, and other Explore-Abilities elements/accommodations will return to regular operating levels at 9:30AM. Registration is required for this event. Space is limited and available on a first come, first serve basis.
How To Register
Contact our Sales & Bookings Coordinator at 204.924.4005 or complete the online registration request form below to register for any of the 2019 Explore-Abilities Events. Please register early, as events can fill quickly!
- This is a Registration Request Form only.
- Your registration will only be confirmed once the Sales & Bookings Coordinator has contacted you to verify your attendance.
Explore-Abilities Access Program Supporters
The 2019 Explore-Abilities Access Program was made possible by the following supporters:
- The Bertram Austin Goodman, May Easton McLaren Goodman, and Dorothy Jean Goodman Foundation