- This event has passed.
December 29, 2018 @ 8:00 AM - 9:25 AM
Explore-Abilities Morning: A Sensory-Friendly Museum Event
Date: Saturday, December 29, 2018 THIS SESSION IS NOW FULL
Time: 8:00AM – 9:25AM
Location: Children’s Museum, 45 Forks Market Road
Part of our Explore-Abilities Access Program, join us on Saturday, December 29, 2018 for an Explore-Abilities Morning – a sensory-friendly museum experience designed for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences to have fun and enjoy interactive, hands-on learning in a safe and accessible facility!
Christmas might be past, but Santa loves the museum so much he’s sticking around! Take a photo on your personal camera with our specially trained Sensitive Santa. This opportunity is first come, first served.
Developed in conjunction with experts from Autism Learning Centre, Autism Manitoba, and On The Spectrum Therapy Services, this event features:
- Light and sound reductions in museum galleries
- Extra visual signage for safety
- A less crowded environment
- Designated quiet zones apart from the galleries
- Specialized equipment (i.e., sunglasses, ear defenders, and fidget toys) available upon request
- Specially trained staff to complement your museum experience
Note: The Children’s Museum opens to the general public at 9:30AM. Visitors are welcome to stay after this time, however lights, sounds, signage, and other Explore-Abilities elements/accommodations will return to regular operating levels at 9:30AM. Registration is required for this event. Space is limited and available on a first come, first serve basis.
How To Register
THIS SESSION IS NOW FULL
Explore-Abilities Access Program Supporters
The 2018 Explore-Abilities Access Program was made possible by the following supporters:
- The Bertram Austin Goodman, May Easton McLaren Goodman, and Dorothy Jean Goodman Foundation