- This event has passed.
December 16, 2021 @ 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Explore-Abilities Evening: A Sensory-Friendly Museum Event
Date: Thursday, December 16, 2021
Time: 5:00PM – 7:00PM
Location: Children’s Museum, 45 Forks Market Road
Part of our Explore-Abilities Access Program, join us on Thursday, December 16, 2021 for an Explore-Abilities Evening – a sensory-friendly museum experience designed for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences to have fun and enjoy interactive, hands-on learning in a safe and accessible facility!
Developed in conjunction with experts from Autism Learning Centre, Autism Manitoba, and On The Spectrum Therapy Services, this event features:
- Light and sound reductions in museum galleries
- Extra visual signage for safety
- A less crowded environment
- Designated quiet zones apart from the galleries
- Specialized equipment (i.e., UbiDuo 2-Way Communication Device, sunglasses, ear defenders, fidget toys, and Braille Visitor Information Brochures in English and French) available upon request
- Specially trained staff to complement your museum experience
In this very special Explore-Abilities Evening, experience the magic of the Eaton’s Fairytale Vignettes and take a photo on your personal camera with our specially trained Sensitive Santa! This opportunity is available first-come, first-served.
For more information about the Explore-Abilities Access Program, please contact the Director of Education & Exhibits at 204.924.4003.
How To Register
Contact our Sales & Bookings Coordinator at 204.924.4005 or complete the online registration request form below to register for this event. Please register early, as events can fill quickly!
- This is a Registration Request Form only.
- Your registration will only be confirmed once the Sales & Bookings Coordinator has contacted you to verify your attendance.
- Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Current public health restrictions apply to all visitors. Please review our COVID-19 Guidelines here prior to your visit.
- The facility is open to fully immunized people only. Proof of immunization and identification are required for all visitors 12 years of age and older upon arrival.
- Unvaccinated children under 12 may attend only if accompanied by a fully immunized adult.
- The use of non-medical face masks is required by all visitors (ages 5 and up) within the facility’s public and communal spaces. Masks must be worn in such a way which covers your mouth, chin and nose without gapping. We encourage you to bring your own reusable mask to wear; however, disposable masks (in child and adult sizes) are also available for purchase onsite for $1.00 each (plus tax).
Explore-Abilities Access Program Supporters
The 2021 Explore-Abilities Access Program was made possible by the following supporters:
- The Bertram Austin Goodman, May Easton McLaren Goodman, and Dorothy Jean Goodman Foundation