December 22 @ 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Explore-Abilities Evening: A Sensory-Friendly Museum Event
Date: Thursday, December 22, 2022
Time: 5:30PM – 7:30PM
Location: Children’s Museum, 45 Forks Market Road
Part of our Explore-Abilities Access Program, join us on Thursday, December 22, 2022 for an Explore-Abilities Evening – a sensory-friendly museum experience designed for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences to have fun and enjoy interactive, hands-on learning in a safe and accessible facility!
Developed in conjunction with experts from Autism Learning Centre, Autism Manitoba, and On The Spectrum Therapy Services, this event features:
- Light and sound reductions in museum galleries
- Extra visual signage for safety
- A less crowded environment
- Designated quiet zones apart from the galleries
- Specialized equipment (i.e., UbiDuo 2-Way Communication Device, sunglasses, ear defenders, fidget toys, and Braille Visitor Information Brochures in English and French) available upon request
- Specially trained staff to complement your museum experience
In this very special Explore-Abilities Evening, experience the magic of the Eaton’s Fairytale Vignettes, and take a photo on your personal camera with our specially trained Sensitive Santa! This opportunity is available first-come, first-served.
For more information about the Explore-Abilities Access Program, please contact the Director of Education & Exhibits at 204.924.4003.
How To Register
– EVENT REGISTRATION FULL –
- Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please review our COVID-19 Guidelines here prior to your visit.
Explore-Abilities Access Program Supporters
The 2022 Explore-Abilities Access Program was made possible by the following supporters:
- The Bertram Austin Goodman, May Easton McLaren Goodman, and Dorothy Jean Goodman Foundation