- This event has passed.
August 13 @ 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Explore-Abilities Evening: A Sensory-Friendly Museum Event
Date: Saturday, August 13, 2022
Time: 5:00PM – 7:00PM
Location: Children’s Museum, 45 Forks Market Road
Part of our Explore-Abilities Access Program, join us on Saturday, August 13, 2022 for an Explore-Abilities Evening – a sensory-friendly museum experience designed for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences to have fun and enjoy interactive, hands-on learning in a safe and accessible facility!
Developed in conjunction with experts from Autism Learning Centre, Autism Manitoba, and On The Spectrum Therapy Services, this event features:
- Light and sound reductions in museum galleries
- Extra visual signage for safety
- A less crowded environment
- Designated quiet zones apart from the galleries
- Specialized equipment (i.e., UbiDuo 2-Way Communication Device, sunglasses, ear defenders, fidget toys, and Braille Visitor Information Brochures in English and French) available upon request
- Specially trained staff to complement your museum experience
*BONUS!* INSTRUMENT PETTING ZOO
Special Guests: Manitoba Conservatory of Music & Arts Inc
What’s an Instrument Petting Zoo, you ask? It’s where you get to explore different musical instruments and chat with a musical therapist who plays them! Pop into the Great Hall during the event for this fun programming delivered by the Manitoba Conservatory of Music & Arts Inc.
For more information about the Explore-Abilities Access Program, please contact the Director of Education & Exhibits at 204.924.4003.
How To Register
Contact our Sales & Bookings Coordinator at 204.924.4005 or complete the online registration request form below to register for this event. Please register early, as events can fill quickly!
- This is a Registration Request Form only.
- Your registration will only be confirmed once the Sales & Bookings Coordinator has contacted you to verify your attendance.
- Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please review our COVID-19 Guidelines here prior to your visit.
Explore-Abilities Access Program Supporters
The 2022 Explore-Abilities Access Program was made possible by the following supporters:
- The Bertram Austin Goodman, May Easton McLaren Goodman, and Dorothy Jean Goodman Foundation