In some instances, the Children’s Museum may provide donations for charitable community events. These one-time event donations are separate from the Free2Play Access Program which is open to qualifying Winnipeg schools, registered day cares, and select social service organizations that brings under-supported children to the Children’s Museum for school visits, day camps, special holiday parties, and after-school clubs FREE OF CHARGE. If you are interested in learning more about the Free2Play Access Program, click here.
The designated beneficiaries of any donation request must be children under the age of 10.
The Children’s Museum has a Donations Committee that meets once a month to review all incoming one-time event donation requests. The Children’s Museum requires a minimum of 6 weeks to review and process any incoming requests. If your event is less than 6 weeks away, we are unable to process your request. Due to the overwhelming number of donation requests we receive, the criteria listed below are guidelines only. Meeting some or all of these guidelines does not imply or constitute donation approval.
The Children’s Museum supports:
- Registered non-profit groups dedicated to children or children’s causes
- Early and middle year school fundraising initiatives
- Non-profit daycares
The Children’s Museum is unable to support:
- Charitable organizations that are not dedicated to children
- Fundraising initiatives in support of a sole individual, couple, or family
- Events occurring outside of Manitoba or organizations whose intended beneficiaries are not living within Manitoba
- Manitoba Child & Family Services
- Sports teams
- Third-party fundraising events & team pledge events
- Religious groups or organizations with faith-based affiliations
- Political parties or partisan initiatives
- Wedding Socials, Bud Spud & Steaks, and other fundraising events for personal causes
Methods of Support
The Children’s Museum provides support in the following ways:
- Children’s Museum Admission Passes – may include complimentary family or individual admission passes or 2-for-1 admission passes
- Children’s Museum Products – may include products customized to the specific nature of the event (i.e., Children’s Museum stickers, temporary tattoos, t-shirts, and more)
- Children’s Museum Prize Packages – may include admission pass(es), Shop gift certificate(s), toys, and/or other museum merchandise
The Children’s Museum does not provide cash sponsorships or donate other museum services including free or discounted memberships, birthday parties, facility rentals, or special event tickets for one-time event donations.
Donation Request Form
If your donation request meets all of the criteria listed above, please use the following form to submit your request for further consideration. Due to overwhelming numbers of donation requests, not all donation requests will be approved.
Whenever possible, please attach a formal letter of request to your submission. Formal letters of request should be on organizational letterhead and must include the organization’s name, address, and contact information. Upload documents are accepted in .pdf, .doc, .docx, or .jpg formats.
All incoming requests are reviewed once a month by the museum’s Donations Committee. If you have submitted your request more than 4 weeks ago and have not received a response to your request yet, follow-up inquiries can be directed via email to the Donations Committee here.