ALL ABOARD: WE’RE GATHERING STEAM
By gabrielle | Published: March 15, 2023
Choo Choo! Are you ready for a Junction 9161 STEAM activity? This week’s area of focus is ENGINEERING and we’re making a chugging train!
- Construction paper
- Paper Fasteners
- Cut out the shapes for your train in various colours of construction paper.
- Glue the pieces together to create the train (except for the wheels).
- Poke a hole through the middles of the 3 black circles with the fasteners.
- Fasten the wheels onto the bottom of your train.
- Decorate as desired.
- Turn the wheels to make it chug along!
Just like Junction 9161 in the Children’s Museum, your child can create their own version! Every train needs an ENGINEER, this is your child’s chance. The engineering science behind a train’s wheels is all about the axle. The axle connects the wheels, so they move together along the track!
Craft Source: Sight Sound And Reading
This entry was posted in At-home Learning Resources, M's Blog and tagged Creative learning, engineering, Junction9161, STEAM, STEAM resources, Train. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.