ALL ABOARD: WE’RE GATHERING STEAM
By gabrielle | Published: March 1, 2023
This month we’re doing STEAM activities based on some of our galleries. This week’s area of focus is SCIENCE and we’re making sensory bags that little Tots can enjoy. This is our Tot-Spot STEAM activity.
- Ziplock bag
- Duct Tape
- Food colouring (optional)
- Fill your ziplock bag with water ¾ full.
- Add in ¼ oil (and food colouring for extra fun).
- Add in glitter, confetti, sparkles, pom poms and other sensory items.
- Let the air out of the bag and carefully seal it.
- Tape the edges of the bag to secure it.
- Play away!
What happens when you mix oil and water? Molecules are strongly attracted to each other and the same with oil, that’s why they don’t mix well together.
This entry was posted in At-home Learning Resources, M's Blog and tagged Creative learning, Heart, science, STEAM, STEAM resources. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.