ALL ABOARD: WE’RE GATHERING STEAM
Let’s learn about butterflies! Using our art skills, we will walk through the lifecycle of a butterfly from egg to caterpillar to chrysalis and finally butterfly.
First, start by collecting some leaves. Enjoy a nature walk outside while collecting leaves; hopefully, you’ll find some butterflies along the way.
Other supplies you will need:
- Paper plate
- Scrap of green construction paper
- Small, white pompoms- 3 per child
- Tissue paper (2 inch x 3 inch piece of green for the chrysalis, and any other colors you want for your butterfly cut to 2 inch x 2.5 inch)
- Pipe cleaners (2-inch piece in black for the butterfly, and any other colors you want for your caterpillar cut to 6 inches)
- Black marker or crayon
- Liquid glue
- Small twig from outside
- Tempera paint (optional)
- Free butterfly life cycle template
Once you have your supplies ready, find the step by step process here.
If you try this at home, please share how it went and don’t forget to tag us on our social media pages so we can enjoy it too!