CREATION STATION: PAPER + POPSICLE STICK SKATES
By laura | Published: February 6, 2022
If it’s too cold to go skating, bring a fun skating activity indoors with this cute, wintery craft!
- White paper
- Markers, bingo dabbers, or other decorating tool of your choice
- Two popsicle sticks
- Hole punch
- Fold a piece of paper in two and cut out a simple boot shape, leaving the two bottom components of each skate attached. (This provides a resting spot for the popsicle stick blades when the paper is folded back together.)
- Stamp or colour the skate boots however you like! (If your kids are heavy-handed on the dot marker stamping, your paper skates might start rolling up as they dry. Nothing that laying them flat underneath a couple of heavy books can’t fix.)
- Once the paper is dry, attach the popsicle sticks with a small dab of glue, then proceed by gluing the two interior sides of each paper skate together. Set aside for the glue to dry completely.
- The final step is to add the laces by simply weaving yarn through a handful of holes created using a single-hole punch. Then you can use the tops of the laces to tie the skates together!
permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.. Bookmark the