CREATION STATION: PAPER EYEGLASSES CRAFT
Print and craft a pair of cute paper eyeglasses using First Palette’s six fun-shaped eyeglasses templates. You can make regular-shaped eyeglasses, heart-shaped and star-shaped awesome glasses, sweet flower-shaped ones, and a pair of retro cat-eye glasses!
- A4 or letter size cardstock
- Cellophane paper or transparency film
- Crayons, coloured pencils, markers, glitter glue, washi tape, stickers, rhinestones, sequins, or whatever you want to decorate your specs
- Choose and print out any of the glasses templates (linked here under step 1) on A4 or letter size cardstock.
- If you chose any of the non-coloured templates, colour them with markers, crayons or coloured pencils. Use a single colour, or make it as colourful as you like. When using paint, add only a little water or none at all to prevent your paper eyeglasses from curling at the edges.
- Cut out all three template pieces, and then cut out the eye holes.
- The front frame has a pair of side tabs, each bordered by a dashed line. Fold the side tabs towards the back. Unfold.
- Glue the straight end of each arm (the part that extends over the ears) onto a side tab.
- Decorate your eyeglasses with stickers, glitter glue, small paper shapes, puffy paint, rhinestones, and other notions you want.
- Make the lenses out of cellophane paper or transparency film. Cut a pair to a size and shape that covers each eye hole. Glue the lenses at the back of the frame.
- Once the glue dries, try on your awesome new glasses.