CREATION STATION: RAINY DAY PAPER UMBRELLAS
By laura | Published: August 22, 2021
You can’t have rain without umbrellas, right? A great umbrella is the best part of a fun rainstorm. So whip up some mini umbrellas of your own to display.
- Blue construction paper
- Cupcake liners
- Pipe cleaners in any color
- Start by having your child paint or decorate the cupcake liners with markers. You can also use ones that already are printed with a design.
- Add some glue dots to the paper, if you’re cutting out paper rain drops.
- Add your rain drops with markers (we used bingo dabbers) or by cutting out drops from construction paper scraps and sticking them to the glue dots.
- Start a conversation. This is a great point in the activity to ask questions such as “Where does rain come from?” or even “Do you like the rain?” Allow kids to answer and ask their own questions too.
- Fold the cupcake liners in half or cut.
- Bend and add the pipe cleaners to each cupcake liner with glue or tape – you will likely need half a pipe cleaner for each umbrella.
- Glue or tape the umbrellas to your rainy day background and let dry.
permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.. Bookmark the