CREATION STATION: DUCK FINGER PUPPETS
By laura | Published: May 29, 2021
These cute duck finger puppets are super easy for preschoolers and kids of all ages to make, and they make a fantastic spring craft for kids.
- Orange, yellow, green and brown cardstock paper
- Three-quarter inch circle hole punch
- Green and yellow mini cupcake liners
- Googly eyes
- Start by cutting out two circles for your duck finger puppets, with one that is about 3 1/4-inches for the body and one that is 2 1/2-inches for the head. If you’re making a traditional yellow duck, use yellow cardstock paper, and if you’re making a mallard duck, use green and brown cardstock paper.
- Punch two 3/4-inch holes in the bottom of the larger circle. These are the holes for your fingers.
- Glue the smaller circle at the top of the larger circle, making room for the cutout finger holes at the bottom of the craft.
- Cut out a beak from orange cardstock or construction paper and glue it onto the duck face. Then glue googly eyes onto your duck.
- Cut out a yellow or green small cupcake liner in half, and then cut one of the halves in half again to make two triangular duck wings. Glue one triangular cupcake liner wing on each side of the duck puppet.
- Now your duck finger puppet is all ready for play! Simply place two fingers inside the puppet holes and you have an adorable duck puppet. Have him walk around and say “Quack, Quack” or fly high up in the air.
permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.. Bookmark the