CREATION STATION: BUMBLE BEE CRAFT
By laura | Published: April 18, 2021
Do your kids love bugs? You can make a few of these cute wooden bumble bees and hang them as a garland, or make them into magnets for your fridge.
- Yellow, black, and white card stock
- Glue stick
- Black marker
- Wooden circles
- White cupcake liners
- Paper cutter
- Make the bee’s body: glue the wooden circles onto yellow card stock. Cut the excess paper off.
- Cut strips of black card stock. Glue the strips of black card stock onto the yellow circles. Leave at least an inch of space at the top of the circle. Cut the excess paper off.
- Now make the eyes: cut two white circles from card stock and 2 smaller black circles. Glue the eyes together and then glue the eyes onto the top of the yellow circle.
- Cut a small pointy triangle from black card stock and glue at the bottom of the yellow circle. This is the bee’s stinger!
- Fold a cupcake liner in half and cut out a large wing. Repeat this step and cut out a smaller wing. Glue the wings of your bumble bee onto the back of the yellow circle.
- Glue small strips of black paper onto the top of your bumble bee. Use a hole punch to make two small black circles and glue those at the top of the strips. These are the bee’s antennae!
- Use a black marker to add a smile to your bee!
- Your bee is finished! You can make more wooden bumble bees if you like, or add magnets to the back and stick on your fridge.
permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.. Bookmark the