BEST SPACE PALS
Let’s make a new friend who’s totally out of this world!
- Construction Paper
- White Paper
- Paper Plate
- Aluminium foil
- Take a paper plate and cut it in half.
- Spread your fingers apart and place them on a piece of construction paper. Trace your hand on the paper and use your scissors to cut it out.
- Use your scissors to cut a piece of aluminium foil. You want this piece to be larger than your handprint.
- Apply glue to the back of your handprint. Press it onto the center of your piece of aluminium foil. This will be the body of your alien!
- Use markers to draw a large circle on the foil all the way around your hand. Use your scissors to cut this circle out.
- Colour the outer edges of your paper plate (the part you would not normally eat off of).
- Apply glue to the inner portion of the paper plate (the part you would normally eat off of). Place the bottom half of your foil circle over this part of the plate and press down so it sticks in place. Now your alien is inside a spaceship!
- Draw circles on your white piece of paper to create eyeballs. Colour them in, cut them out, and glue them to your alien’s body. How many eyeballs will your alien friend have? Will they be different sizes?
- Cut extra pieces of aluminium foil into different shapes and use them to decorate your alien’s spaceship.
Spark Creative Learning!
Imagine the planet your alien comes from! How big do you think it is? What kinds of landforms are on it? What kinds of creatures live on the surface of this planet? Draw a picture or write a story showing what life on this planet would be like.