CACTUS PET ROCKS
By laura | Published: March 6, 2021
Make a family of pet rocks! Part of the fun is choosing rocks that are suited to becoming little cactus characters.
- Rocks – choose them based on the size of your terracotta pot. A flat surface area is needed for the googly eyes.
- Googly eyes
- Outdoor acrylic paint – green, white, and bright green
- Mini terracotta pots
- Hot glue (adults only) or glue dots for kids
- First, select your rocks. You want to look for rocks that are flat on one side so the eyes will go on smoothly. You can even see if you can find some extra details that may give the rock a mouth.
- Clean your rocks before painting.
- Paint with outdoor paint if you want to place outside. Otherwise, regular acrylic paint works well. We did 2 coats of the lighter green to ensure we got complete coverage.
- Once you have the green painted, use the white to create different cactus designs! We did dots, hash marks, lines and stars.
- Now glue on your googly eyes. Use hot glue or glue dots.
- Now they are ready to go into their pots! If you’d like them to stand higher in their pots, use a little bit of paper towel or foam in the bottom of the pots.
permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.. Bookmark the