BIG NOSE BOOKMARKS
By laura | Published: February 13, 2021
My, my, my…what a big nose you have. All the better to mark your place in your favourite book! Never lose track of where you are with this fun, colourful, big nose bookmark.
- Washi Tape
- Pipe cleaner
- Cut a rectangle out of cardstock. This will be the base of your bookmark, so feel free to make it whatever size you’d like.
- On another piece of cardstock, design your bookmark’s nose. This will help to hold your bookmark in place in your book, so you want it to be nice and big, but the shape is up to you! Do you want it to be round, square, or pointy?
- Cut a piece of washi tape and attach your nose to your bookmark.
- Use markers to draw on eyes. Add a mouth behind your nose if you’d like!
- Use the scissors to carefully poke a hole in the top of you bookmark.
- Push half of the pipe cleaner through the hole. Fold it upward and twist it together to hold it in place. Become a stylist as you give your bookmark a fantastic new hairdo!
- Your bookmark is ready to go. When it’s time to stop reading, slide the page you’re on between the front of the bookmark and your bookmark’s nose to save your spot!
Spark Creative Learning!
- Your nose is only one of your fantastic features! Which of your five senses is associated with your nose?
- Did you know there are multiple senses you could use to read? Which body parts are associated with each of those senses?
- Does your bookmark have eyes? Ears? Hair? A nose? Practice sorting and classifying as you order these features from largest to smallest.
This entry was posted in M's Blog and tagged Activities for kids, at-home crafts, crafts, Creation Station, i love to read month. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.