PLINK, PLONK, PLINKO
By laura | Published: January 23, 2021
Plink, plonk, can you hear the ball drop? Create your own game and put your math skills to the test!
- Cardboard Box
- Jumbo Craft Sticks
- Aluminum Foil
- Small cups/containers
- Find a large cardboard box and cut off the sides.
- Using a pair of scissors, carefully create holes on the back of your box through which you can insert your jumbo craft sticks.
- Make a large rectangular hole on the top of your box. This is what you will drop your balls through.
- Add some colour by painting your box!
- Once your box is dry, push the craft sticks through the holes you made.
- Roll pieces of aluminum foil into balls.
- Find some small cups or containers to place on the bottom of your box. If you don’t have anything that’s the right size, try folding paper to create tiny boxes or cups!
- Label each of these containers with a number.
- Once you’re ready, drop your aluminum foil ball through the hole in the top of your box and watch it tumble down! Which number did it land in/near?
Spark Creative Learning!
- Turn your day into a mega-math marathon! Taking two turns in a row, practice your addition and/or multiplication skills as your ball lands near different numbers. Keep track of your total as you race against a family member to get to 100!
- Want to give your game a different spin? Instead of labelling your containers with a number, assign each a different topic. Every time your ball lands near a different topic, share a fact about that subject with a family member. You can explore space, animals, history – the possibilities are endless!
This entry was posted in M's Blog and tagged at-home crafts, crafts, Creation Station, DIY Board game, Family fun, Fun and Games. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.