WISHING STAR AIRPLANES
Send your wishes soaring to the stars with this wishing star airplane!
- Coloured Paper
- Pencil Crayons
- Draw a star on a piece of paper. Make it nice and big!
- Use scissors to cut the star out
- Use pencil crayons to write your wish on your star, and decorate it. See below for our suggestions on how to tie your wish into learning outcomes from Kindergarten to Grade 5!
- Cut three strips of streamers. Use tape to attach the streamers to the back of your star
- Lay your pencil over top of your streamers. Use tape to attach the pencil to the streamers
- Go outside and send your wish flying!
How does this spark creative learning?
Kindergarten – Grade 2
There’s so much that nature brings to our lives, how can we make sure that we take care of the world around us? Think of a wish that would help nature thrive!
Ready your time machine! Choose a time and place in history that you wish you could visit. It could be anywhere in the world! What kinds of things would you like to see and do there?
Grade 4 & 5
What treasures are hidden in Manitoba’s history? Choose a historical figure from Manitoba’s past that you wish you could meet! What did they do to help shape our province? Why would they be an interesting person to get to know?
Stay tuned for more resources to help spark kids’ creative learning!
Your support of the Children’s Museum is more important than ever during these difficult times. If you are able, please consider making a donation today.