FEATURE FRIDAY: SUMMER STAY-CATION IDEAS
By lisa | Published: July 3, 2020
Summer has officially arrived! Your summer plans may have changed this year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have some awesome stay-cations. We put together a list of activities that can be done close to home, but make you feel relaxed and entertained as if you’re on a vacation!
- Check out the Travel Manitoba Inspiration Guide for beaches, parks, trails, and more that can all be found around our beautiful province. Take a little road trip with the family and see where the adventure takes you!
- Be a tourist in your own city! It’s not often that we actually explore our own hometown – check out this list of Winnipeg landmarks and see how many you can go visit. What other Winnipeg landmarks can you go check out?
- Grab some pool noodles, kiddie pools, hoola hoops, and other household items to make your own backyard obstacle course. Check out this DIY obstacle course video for some inspiration!
- Since you can’t go to a concert, make your own at-home family concert! Get the whole family together to design and create your very own instruments and then put on a live performance in your living room. Check out this video for some easy-to-make musical instrument
- Hunker down in your coziest pyjamas and your favourite snacks for an all day movie marathon! If your family has a tough time settling on a movie, write down all your family favourite movies on a piece of paper and put them into a hat and leave your movie-watching up to fate.
Stay tuned for more resources to help spark kids’ creative learning!
Your support of the Children’s Museum is more important than ever during these difficult times. If you are able, please consider making a donation today.
This entry was posted in At-home Learning Resources, M's Blog and tagged DIY Obstacle Course, Movie Marathon, musical instruments, Travel Manitoba, Travel Manitoba Inspiration Guide, Winnipeg Landmarks, Winnipeg Tourism. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.