5 MUST-READ’S OF THE SUMMER
Encourage your kiddo’s love of reading with these 5 books (or series’) that are must-reads for young bookworms.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: This series is a favourite amongst young children – follow the story of Greg, a regular kid with a “regular” life that is showcased in a hilarious and entertaining way. These books will have you laughing from cover to cover.
- Harry Potter series: This famous series is a must-read for kids and adults alike! Read along as you’re taken through an imaginary and enchanting world full of crazy adventures. These books also help to teach children about bravery, loyalty, and the meaning of family and friends.
- Little House series: Follow Laura Ingalls and her family through these classic stories that were based on true memories of growing up on the American frontier in the 1800’s. Not only will these books teach you about what life was like back then, your little one’s will also learn about what it means to be resourceful and resilient during tough times.
- The Complete Tales of Winnie The Pooh: Winnie The Pooh has been a hit across generations. Follow along with Winnie The Pooh and all of his friends through this heartwarming storytelling and engaging illustrations.
- Mary Poppins: Everyone has seen the movie, but now it’s time to read the book! This quirky nanny steps into the lives to two young children and not only changes their lives for the better, she also spreads happiness in her own unique way.
Stay tuned for more resources to help spark kids’ creative learning!
Your support of the Children’s Museum is more important than ever during these difficult times. If you are able, please consider making a donation today.