FEATURE FRIDAY: TED TALKS FOR KIDS
By lisa | Published: May 22, 2020
TED Talks are an amazing resource for adults and kids alike. We put together a list of a few of our favourites for the whole family to enjoy.
- Science is for everyone: kids included with Neuroscientist Beau Lotto and 12-year-old Amy O’Toole, is a short yet educational talk. Beau Lotto believes that everyone should have access to and participate in science and through the process of discovery, change their perceptions (even at a young age).
- Why lunch ladies are heroes with children’s book author Jarrett J. Krosoczka paints a vivid picture of the power of a simple “thank-you”, not only to lunch ladies, but for everyone who helps in you some way, shape, or form.
- Many kids are video game fanatics, and with this talk by Daphne Bavelier called Your brain on video games, we can learn more about the actual impacts of video games on the brain. You may be surprised to hear that video games can benefit development of skills such as multitasking and focus.
- Go behind the scenes with Danielle Feinberg with The magic ingredient that brings Pixar movies to life as she discusses how science, math, and art all come together to make the Pixar movies that we know and love.
- A 12-year-old app developer, Thomas Suarez, shares an inspirational talk about how he taught himself to build apps and now wants to help provide resources and knowledge to other kids who also have an interest in app development.
- Arthur Benjamin performs Mathemagic in this lively show. Watch as he solves numerous mental math equations faster than his calculator friends!
For additional TED Talk links, check out this list of educational TED Talks.
Stay tuned for more resources to help spark kids’ creative learning!
Your support of the Children’s Museum is more important than ever during these difficult times. If you are able, please consider making a donation today.
This entry was posted in At-home Learning Resources, M's Blog and tagged Amy O'Toole, Arthur Benjamin, Beau Lotto, Danielle Feinberg, Daphne Bavelier, Jarrett J. Krosoczka, Mathemagic, Science is for everyone: kids included, TED Talk, The magic ingredient that brings Pixar movies to life, Thomas Suarez, We Are Teachers, Why lunch ladies are heroes, Your brain on video games. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.