LOVE LOCAL: SPARK CREATIVE LEARNING WITH THESE CANADIAN CHILDREN’S MUSEUMS
We are proud to be a part of a museum community dedicated to helping children and their families during this time. We put together a short list of some of the great resources that other museums have to offer.
- The Museum in Kitchener, Ontario has been hard at work to provide educational and fun content on their social media pages and website. Check out THEMUSEUM @ Home for LIVE Facebook events, printable worksheets, and grade-appropriate activities for at-home learning.
- Ontario Science Centre has some great resources for at-home science activities, science-based family films that are all available in English and French, and Facebook videos led by the Science Centre hosts.
- Montreal Science Centre has games, experiments, and crafts all available on their website. Many of the activities are available in both English and French.
- Nutrien Wonderhub is Saskatoon, Saskatchewan offers daily virtual programming for everything from STEAM to moving your body to storytime. Tune in LIVE on their Facebook page, or follow along with past videos.
- Discovery Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia had endless science experiments that can all be done at home. Make your own seed paper, pinecone bird feeders, invisible ink, and more!
Stay tuned for more resources to help spark kids’ creative learning!
Your support of the Children’s Museum is more important than ever during these difficult times. If you are able, please consider making a donation today.