FEATURE FRIDAY: EXERCISE WITH KIDS
By lisa | Published: April 10, 2020
As we all know, kids have an abundance of energy and it can be especially difficult to manage all this energy when they no longer have gym classes or recesses.
We put together a list of some fun exercise and movement activities to help kids stay active during this time:
- Obstacle Course: Build an obstacle course using household items such as pillows, books, bouncy balls, and paper towel rolls
- Animal Races: Create your own race track and run around it fast like a cheetah, hop like a bunny, or crawl like a crab. Have your child race as whatever their favourite animal is!
- Dance Party: Everyone loves a good dance party! Throw on your favourite tunes and dance until you can’t dance anymore. For a fun twist, try a Freeze Dance Party by stopping the music and freezing your pose until the music comes back on again
- Hallway Bowling: Find some bottles (or whatever containers you have laying around the house!), and a ball and get your own game of bowling going
- Jump Rope: Jump Rope Rhymes are a great way to exert some energy as well as get your little ones practicing their alphabet, counting, and rhyming skills
- Gymnastics Class: This can be done indoors or outdoors – just make sure you have enough space! Practice moves like handstands, cartwheels, somersaults, and bridges
Stay tuned for more resources to help spark kids’ creative learning!
Your support of the Children’s Museum is more important than ever during these difficult times. If you are able, please consider making a donation today.
This entry was posted in At-home Learning Resources, M's Blog and tagged Animal Races, dance party, Exercise with kids, Hallway Bowling, Jump Rope, Obstacle Course. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.