Proudly supported by The Winnipeg Foundation
Every town needs a central meeting place; to share exciting stories, to rest up before the next big adventure, or to plan out another series of explorations!
“I’ll meet you here later!” and “What will we do first?” are phrases you will hear in Time Squared.
So synchronize your watches at the Square Clock Tower and let’s get going!
Top 10 List of Things To Do In Time Squared
- The clock makes sounds every 15 minutes – meet there to enjoy them!
- Each number on the clock has its own square. Can you find all 12? What colour is each number’s cube?
- Sit in a window seat and enjoy a good book!
- Pose in the doorway for a special photo opportunity.
- What a great place to meet and share a good story. You can even perform it on stage!
- Peek behind the little numbered doors. What do you see?
- Follow the maze on the floor!
- The clock on the floor can help teach time. Pick a spot on the floor – what time is it?
- The benches have a shape on them. What shape is this? What colour is it? Can you find any other shapes that are the same colour?
- Check out what’s happening at the Children’s Museum on the tree monitors.
Feature Shop Products
Shop at the Children’s Museum is a gift store devoted to keeping kids learning. Shop’s unique selection of innovative products for children is carefully chosen to complement the Children’s Museum’s permanent galleries, travelling exhibitions, and special events and programs. Here are some great Time Squared feature products available in Shop today!
Time To Tell Time Placemat
The Time To Tell Time Placemat offers a delightful way for children of all ages to master new subjects and for adults to brush up on old ones. The brightly coloured front depicts analogue and digital clocks with time on the hour and each 5-minute interval. The reverse side features extended learning exercises. Each placemat is custom laminated with a non-glare laminate on the front and a write-on/wipe-off laminate on the back.
Dimensions: 12″ x 17.5″
Numbers With Animals Placemat
The Numbers With Animals Placemat offers a delightful way for children of all ages to learn about numbers and counting. This brightly coloured placemat shows each number (1 through 10) with a corresponding number of animals. The reverse side features extended learning exercises. Each placemat is custom laminated with a non-glare laminate on the front and a write-on/wipe-off laminate on the back.
Dimensions: 12″ x 17.5″
See-Inside Numbers Peg Puzzle
Number concepts zero through nine are illustrated in this high-quality 10-piece peg puzzle. A colourful picture under each piece shows the same number of items as the numeral on top of the piece, helping promote number recognition and counting skills. Encourages hand-eye, fine motor and visual perception skills.
Dimensions: 0.6″ x 8.5″ x 11.7″
Recommended Ages: 2+ years
Manufacturer: Melissa & Doug
Surf Sounds Alarm Clock
Wake up to the sound of fun in the sun with the Surf Sounds Alarm Clock. This 6″ alarm clock features your choice of normal buzzer or the sound of crashing waves. Two assorted designs in green and blue. Requires 3 AA batteries (not included).
Dimensions: 6″ x 4″ x 6″
Recommended Ages: 8+ years
Inchworm Link Lacing Puzzle
Made from hardened birch wood, the Inchworm Link Lacing Puzzle includes 10 lacing beads, 2 lacing strings, and 1 assembly board. The string has stoppers and lacing fasteners to help shape your inchworm.
Recommended Ages: 18+ months
Manufacturer: K’s Kids