Junction 9161 is all about the train – an important part of Manitoba history. This powerful locomotive forms the spine of the Children’s Museum experience. Standing inside and out, you can feel the enormity of this great machine.
- Supports Social Studies and Language Arts learning outcomes
- Supports Transportation and Sharing Ideas early childhood development goals
Partners In Play: Top 10 Junction 9161 Activities
- Follow the tracks to the front of the train. How many tracks are there? What colours are the tracks?
- Take a seat at the digger and get to work!
- Meet the 9161. Touch the buttons to learn about the train parts.
- Watch out for traffic! The traffic light changes colour. What colour is glowing? What does that colour tell us to do?
- Peek out the front of the train. What do you see? Take a photo!
- Be a conductor and yell “All Aboard!”
- Take a seat in the conductor’s chair. Tell us where to go.
- Push the buttons. What happens?
- Pull the lever. What happens?
- Take a seat next to the conductor and watch where the train is going!
- Hours of Operation
- Rates & Membership
- Events Calendar
- Permanent Galleries
- Travelling Exhibitions