Time to grab your favourite book – the Children’s Museum is celebrating I Love To Read Month all throughout February! Every weekend in February we will be featuring special story times, crafts, and activities all related to our theme: Laughing and Learning! Join us for story times at 11:00AM and 1:00PM and participate in crafts from 11:00AM to 3:00PM each Saturday and Sunday in February.
Weekend Activity Themes
Join us for these exciting weekend themes and activities:
- February 4 & 5: Camp Read-Away
Wildlife encounters are common at camp, and our Camp Read-Away is no exception! Not only will there be fun animals to find within the pages of our story time books, but Wildlife Haven will also join us on February 5 from 11:00AM – 2:00PM for guest readings with their own furry friends at 11:30AM, 12:30PM and 1:30PM.
- February 11 & 12: Reading Olympics
Meet Niibin, the Canada Summer Games mascot and number one super fan, who will join us on February 12 from 11:00AM – 3:00PM and take part in mini dance workshops throughout the day.
- February 18 & 19: Pyjama Party
Make your own bedtime story from 11:00AM – 3:00PM on February 18 with special guests from the Winnipeg Public Library who will lead us in a book making craft. Be sure to visit the museum in your pyjamas to get the most of this event!
- February 25 & 26: Books Come to Life
Prairie Theatre Exchange will join us on Saturday, February 25 and will be offering 30-minute drop-in drama workshops at 11:00AM, 12:00PM, 1:00PM, and 2:00PM. Dress up as your favourite book character to join in the fun.
To celebrate I Love To Read Month, the Children’s Museum is offering special, imaginative and curriculum-linked programs for N-5 classrooms throughout the month of February!
All programs are only $4.75 per student.
Click here to learn more or to book your classroom visit today.
Recommended Reading List
We are pleased to introduce our new Recommended Reading partnership with the Winnipeg Public Library!
Showcasing quarterly Recommended Reading titles from the Winnipeg Public Library catalogue specifically curated for children under the age of 10, these feature blog posts will help foster a love of literacy and are a perfect way to keep your children’s book lists fresh.
All titles are available at the Winnipeg Public Library.
For this quarter’s Recommended Reading List, click here.
Show us how much you love to read all month long by completing the online form below between February 1 – 28, 2017 and be entered to win a prize package from the Children’s Museum valued at over $150!
Special Terms & Conditions
- Please note that all requested information must be provided in order to be eligible for this draw.
- By entering this contest, you consent to allow the Children’s Museum to publish your child’s first name, book read, and date the book was read on the I Love To Read Month Reading Caterpillar on display at the Children’s Museum throughout the month of February.
- Up to 10 entries will be accepted per child from February 1 – 28, 2017 provided the book that has been read varies with each entry.
- As a participant in the I Love To Read Month Draw, the Children’s Museum reserves the right to contact you to discuss your submission.
- Contest closes Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 4:30PM.