2016 marks the Children’s Museum’s 30th Anniversary. Since we opened our doors 30 years ago, the generosity of individuals, businesses, and organizations has helped shape what we are today – which is one of Winnipeg’s most popular arts and cultural institutions and the leading advocates for play-based creative learning.
This list offers 30 Ways To Support The Children’s Museum in honour of our 30th Anniversary this year. Please connect with us if you’re interested in supporting the Children’s Museum in 2016 in any of the ways listed below – we’d love to hear from you!
30 Ways To Support The Children’s Museum
1. Plan a multi-generational family visit to our annual Eaton’s Fairytale Vignettes display this holiday season.
2. Purchase tickets to our annual Spaghetti Breakfast With Santa.
3. Attend one of our annual winter events (free with admission), including Boxing Day Building Extravaganza, Top Hats & Tiaras Family New Year’s Eve, I Love To Read Month, and Franco-Fun Day.
6. Treat a child to a week of non-stop fun activities by registering now for our 2017 Spring or Summer Day Camps.
8. Donate A Car and receive a tax receipt.
9. Help stock our Pop m’Art gallery with recycled craft materials.
10. Spread the word and encourage new visitors to experience the Children’s Museum.
11. Plan a night out to attend one of our seriously fun #SeriouslyAdult events.
12. Subscribe to eNews and save the date for upcoming events.
13. Plan a family visit to our 2017 travelling exhibition, Run! Jump! Fly! Adventures In Action™.
14. Join us in 2017 at Earth Day (April 22) and our first annual Aboriginal Day (June 21).
15. Treat the special people in your life to a museum visit and experience our outdoor courtyard, open seasonally from spring to fall.
16. Celebrate in 2017 by attending June Balloon (our 31st Birthday), and Canada Day (our nation’s 150th Birthday)!
17. Buy educational toys, books, snacks, and other fun stuff at our Shop.
18. Donate to our Free2Play Access Program which enables under-supported children in our community to access our programming and events for free.
19. Donate to our Rural Access Program which enables rural Manitoba students to access our school programs for free, plus provides a subsidy for transportation to/from Winnipeg.
20. Become a Partner In Play and partner with us through a customized sponsorship. Please contact our Development Department at (204) 924-4010 to learn more.
21. Top up our capital campaign with a donation (big or small – every donation matters!).
22. Become a monthly donor. It’s easy and budget-friendly!
23. Join our Volunteer Team and help us spark kids’ creative learning.
24. Learn more about our 55+ curriculum-linked school programs and share these with the educators in your life!
25. Make donations of securities and mutual funds (easily and securely).
27. Stuff the Donations Box at Admissions on your next visit. All denominations welcome!
28. Make a donation to mark a special event or to honour the memory of someone special to you.
29. Tell our staff what we are getting right!
30. Make a special 30th Anniversary donation to the Children’s Museum this year. Whether it’s $30 or $30,000, an investment in the Children’s Museum is an enduring investment in the children of Manitoba.
To learn more about any of the 30 Ways To Support The Children’s Museum included on this list, please contact our Development Department at (204) 956-KIDS.
The Children’s Museum is a registered non-profit children’s charity (#10348 0943 RR0001)