The Rural Access Program brings children from rural Manitoba schools to the Children’s Museum for school programs – FREE OF CHARGE! Recognizing the costs of transportation from rural communities coming to Winnipeg, a transportation subsidy may also be available through this program. The Rural Access Program is offered on a rotational basis to qualifying Manitoba schools in rural communities 40 km or further from Winnipeg.
In 2015, we are pleased to report that over 1,100 visitors began sparking their creative learning at the Children’s Museum thanks to this meaningful program.
- School Programs:
The Children’s Museum offers a free school program annually to N-5 classes in qualifying rural Manitoba schools. (Value $4.75 per student)
- Limited Transportation Subsidies:
Transportation subsidies for schools are calculated on a per student basis, and vary depending upon the school’s distance from the Children’s Museum. Museum staff will provide information regarding qualifying subsidy rates.
The number of free school programs and transportation subsidies that the museum provides is dependent on sponsorships received for this program. Please note that availability is limited.
Eligible School Divisions
During the 2016-2017 school year, the Rural Access Program is available to select schools in the following rural Manitoba school divisions:
- Division Scolaire Franco-Manitobaine
- Garden Valley School Division
- Lord Selkirk School Division
- Mystery Lake School District
- Southwest Horizon School Division
- Sunrise School Division
- Whiteshell School District
If you are interested in learning more about specific eligibility criteria for the Rural Access Program, please contact the Volunteer & Access Coordinator at (204) 924-4002.
How To Book A Rural Access School Program
Booking a Rural Access School Program with the Children’s Museum is easy!
If you are a teacher in a qualifying school and are interested in booking a free school program, please refer to our School Programs Guide for details on over 55 school programs currently offered by the Children’s Museum.
We offer four convenient ways to book:
- By Phone: Call (204) 924-4005
- By Email: Contact our Sales & Bookings Coordinator at email@example.com
- By Fax: Complete and fax the School Program Booking Request Form (PDF) to (204) 956-2122.
- Online: Complete and submit the School Program Booking Request Form found here.
If you have any further questions, contact the Sales & Bookings Coordinator at 204-924-4005 to learn more. Please reserve early, as availability is limited.
How You Can Help
The Rural Access Program is funded through donations from foundations, corporations, and individuals in our community. Your gift enables us to further develop and expand the Rural Access Program, allowing greater numbers of children living in rural Manitoba to experience all the opportunities we have to offer – free of charge.
We offer the following ways to give:
- By Phone: Call (204) 924-4010
- By Mail or Fax: Complete and return the Donation Form (PDF) to:
Children’s Museum, 45 Forks Market Road, Winnipeg, MB, R3C 4T6
Fax: (204) 956-2122
- In Person: Visit our Admissions Desk to make your donation in person.
- Online: We accept all major credit cards, Interac Online, PayPal transfers, and monthly giving options through CanadaHelps. To make an online donation, please click the link below.
Rural Access Program Supporters
The 2016-2017 Rural Access Program was made possible by the following supporters:
Federated Co-operatives Limited
Piston Ring Service